At the Nokia Innovation Days 2018 in Stuttgart, I received the Nokia Bell Labs Student Award 2018 for my research in „Towards Virtual Human Teleportation: Realtime 3D 360° Telepresence„. The award was presented by Peter Merz, Head of Standardization Research, and Ulrich Barth, Head of Smart Wireless Networks at Nokia Bell Labs.
My reserach poster was selected and invited out of a great pool of international submissions. The selection criteria have been:
- Relevance of research to the community,
- Clear statement of objectives,
- Innovative components in research,
- Reliability of the proposed results & adequacy of methods used in research, and
- Clear outcomes from the research
After presenting my work to a prestigious jury, I was allowed to give a pitch in front of the entire audience together with two other finalists. Although my two fellow campaigners performed well, I was honored to win and receive the Nokia Bell Labs Student Award 2018